Hi there! If you’ve been wondering how to easily make a Gradient Background in Adobe Illustrator then this tutorial is for you! I have created a video tutorial (posted below), but I will also verbally walk you through the process!
Begin by opening Adobe Illustrator and clicking “New File” to open a new artboard.
From there, you will select the “Rectangle Tool (M)” and have the rectangle cover the entire artboard.
- Once the rectangle has covered the entire artboard, go to the “Gradient Tool (G)” in the toolbar.
- An alternative way is by going to the “Fill” icon under the Properties Panel and selecting a gradient from the default “Swatches” (‘Sky’ is a common gradient swatch).
- Once you have the gradient panel opened, select “Freeform Gradient” under Type
- After that, you can double-click on each circle to change its color to whatever you desire.
- If you click and hold on the circles, you can change the location of where its placement is
- If you have the gradient tool selected, you are able to add more circles by clicking on any area within the rectangle
Then you’re done! You’ve successfully created a Gradient Background in Adobe Illustrator!
Here is the visual tutorial for this process! ❤️